Advanced Research Skills Workshop for Graduate Students
Presented by William Badke
William Badke is Associate Librarian for
Information Literacy and Associated Canadian
Theological Schools at Trinity Western
University, Langley, BC, Canada.
Four sessions @ 3PM EST on Thursdays
July 22, 29, August 5, 12
The book Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog, 7th Edition, must be purchased by the student. Click here to order your copy today.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS WORKSHOP
- Understanding seminary academic literature in the world of information
- Research design as key to efficient and effective research
- Search strategies – keywords and controlled vocabularies
- Working with found resources
- Keys to effective research writing
REGISTER FOR EITHER:
Zoom links and recorded sessions will be forwarded to all registered students.
- Personal enrichment. Textbook purchase highly recommended.
- Certification from the Catholic Distance Learning Network – limited to the first 25 registrants with a pre-requisite completion of ENG890/891. Textbook purchase required for assignments.
Advanced Research Skills Workshop - Session 1
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
William Badke is Associate Librarian for Information Literacy and Associated Canadian Theological Schools at Trinity Western University, Langley, BC, Canada. He has taught research processes to thousands of students for more than 35 years. His extensive publications show that he does research rather than just teaching it.